The SWCSF is always looking for quality sponsors!
We have 4,500+ members across the country and regular attendance for our monthly meeting of 70-110 members of which many are security professionals or decision makers for local Fortune 500 companies.
Sponsorship is easy and rewarding and a great way to gain visibility for your company!
Profile of our membership
There are usually between 70 and 100 attendees, with a majority being professionals in the cyber security industry spanning both the private and public sectors.
What you receive as a sponsor
Sponsorship gives your company:
- 15 minutes to present to the group which can range from 70 to 100 attendees depending on the format. This your time to educate them about your products and services, engage them with questions. You will have access to a PC/projector with PowerPoint to do a presentation. This can be technical introduction or sales in nature as it is an open format. You are welcome to bring multiple members of your sales or marketing team, along with some swag, a display as well as handouts and giveaways or conduct a drawing for anyone that provides a business card in fishbowls you can place at multiple entrances.
- Branding rights for the emails that go to out to 4,500+ members across the country.
- Your company name, logo and link to your web site on this site.
- Inclusion in the networking period before and after the formal meeting to talk with and meet the attending members.
- A chance for your sales team to meet and mingle with our attending members face-to-face.
- The recognition of paying for the food and beverages for the group which includes pizza and drinks for all the attendees which we will typically handle for you. Some sponsors choose to bring in a catered meal in addition to the cost of the sponsorship.
We have had sponsors provide a technical presentation to the group 45-60 minutes in addition to their sponsorship slot, however presentation slots are assigned by the advisory panel and based on what is a useful topic to the group. Any presentations (outside of the 15 minute sponsorship segment, must be vendor neutral.
For example, if you are a reseller of hyper-converged technology, you can talk in depth exclusively about how great your product is during the sponsorship segment but if you are awarded a presentation slot then you would be expected to speak to the state of the industry in general and compare and contrast the various technologies, for the benefit of the group and the decision makers in the room.
In short, the sponsor segment is your time. The presentation segments are the groups time and should be mainly for their benefit.
Generally the group meets the first Monday of every month. As of November first, our meetings have moved to to the following location at the University of Advancing Technology in Tempe, AZ.
UAT theater at 2625 W Baseline Rd, Tempe, AZ 85283
The group meeting goes from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m with 1/2 hour of networking occurring outside of the theater and entrance to the theater not allowed until 6:30 PM
The benefits to the community for sponsorship?
The SWCSF has been in regular session for over 15 years and is a corner stone of the Arizona Cyber Security community. The organization promotes the sharing of security best practices among business and government entities along with the mentoring and promotion of the next generation of cyber security engineers. Sponsoring maintains the drive and energy of the community and gives your organization the recognition for being a friend of the "good guys".
The Federal Panel
Twice a year we host the Federal Panel which may include representatives from the FBI, Homeland Security and the Secret Service. This is our largest attendance by far with typical attendance of 110+ members and the best deal for sponsorship.
What does it cost to sponsor?
We have two formats, the twice-a-year Federal Panel and our regular meetings.
Sponsorship for regular meetings are $500
Sponsorship for the Federal Panel is $800 given the higher cost associated for food and beverages.
This August meeting is one of two which involve a presentation by the FBI so attendance usually hits 100 or more so that is the best deal for the sponsor.
How to sponsor
Contact John Nash (480-239-7466) or Barry R. Wade, Founder (480-206-5725) to confirm availability of a slot.
Currently we have the following openings for Sponsorship
- 2018-08-06 The Federal Panel
- 2018-09-03 Standard Meeting - University of Phoenix
- 2018-10-01 Standard Meeting- University of Phoenix
- 2018-11-05 Standard Meeting - TBD
- 2018-12-03 Standard Meeting - TBD
The topic has yet to be determined for the future meetings but it is usually an update on cyber security trends, along with a technical deep dive on a particular relevant subject. In June of 2016, it was a review of how to thwart and also collect intelligence during an active compromise, as an example.
How to pay for sponsorship
You pay by check or credit card, made out to Phreedom Technologies (acting treasurer for the group), and submitted to CFigueroa [@] phreedom.com / 602-336-3453
We request that payment is made at least 2 weeks in advance, and ideally 1 month before, the date of the meeting as emails start to go out with the agenda and sponsor as soon as 30 days in advance.
Sponsorship is first come first serve and payment will reserve your slot.